Thursday, April 30, 2009

You know what they say about those who "assume"

For Christmas Jackson received Dusty, the Talking Vacuum! He loved it! And has spent many hours cleaning up around the house. When Dusty first arrived, he spoke and made noises. Sometime somehow, Dusty decided he was finished talking. We realized, after a few attempts by Joe and his "assistant" to remove batteries and other parts to fix him, that Dusty was silent forever. So me being the cheap frugal person that I am, contacted the maker of Dusty to see if anything could be done. The polite people at Hasbro told me that, sadly, Dusty is no longer in production. As a "consolation", the Hasbro people said that they would send another "comparable" gift/toy to us at no charge. I thought it was going to be a new and improved vacuum. Little did I know...Now, when I contacted the Hasbro people I am sure that I mentioned my SON in my email. But apparently there was a communication breakdown somewhere along the line. Or the person sending the gift just assumed that a vacuum could only be a toy for a girl. Here is what we received in the mail yesterday!

I think this one may stay in the box in hopes that we have a girl someday!

Good thing it came in a nice big box. Because that is what Jackson ended up playing with for the rest of the afternoon. Along with you know who!!









And as an aside: For those of you who needed (or wanted) confirmation that we do indeed live in rural North Carolina, this is what I am listening to right now as I eat my lunch.




And this is what we watched during dinner the other night. Very entertaining!

1 comments:

AuntieKat said...

That is so funny getting a doll. That person surely wasn't listening, or is from the "old days" and thinks that housework is woman's work. Hey, CHRIS does the vaccuuming here..and does a good job (or maybe thinks I don't, which is why he does it.. ha ha).
-btw -I love your rural NC view!