Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby No More!!

If there was any doubt in your mind that Jackson has left the baby stage behind and has turned into quite the little boy, then this post is for you! My little man is consistently talking in 5 words or more sentences and is adding more and more words to his vocabulary each day. It is so funny to listen to him talk to the cats, his stuffed animals, and mostly to himself! I just love his little voice and the way he says certain words. One of my favorite is "table". He says "tab-L" (say the letter L). It is so adorable. His favorite things are balls, rocks, trains, and the big wrecking cranes that are downtown. And this week he is obsessed with the climbing wall at the Y. We have to go in there about 5 times during the hour or so we are at the gym each day. Then he has to tell everyone he sees about the "big climbing wall in there, in the room". Silly boy.

I think that yesterday he officially became a little boy. I decided it was time for him to get a summer haircut. I was also tired of taking him to get it cut every few weeks. So Joe and I took Jackson to base to the barber shop. It was so nice to have Joe there to help out. Jackson sat on Joe's lap while I held the DVD player so he (Jackson that is!) could watch Backyardigans. We were hoping that would distract him enough to make the haircut easier for Rose. It worked great...and would have worked the whole time if someone (okay ME!) had remembered to charge the battery all the way. Unfortunately Pablo and Tyrone "died" halfway through the haircut. Rose was able to get the sides finished though, the most tedious and precise part. Luckily they had lollipops there too. Jackson was in hog heaven with that lollipop. I think he was only taking one lick every 5 minutes, but he thought he was hot stuff holding that big green "yawl-y-pop". Whatever it takes! I am sad that my baby boy is long gone...but so proud and happy about the little boy he is turning into!

Just before the big cut!

Long and shaggy!

Being silly last night. This is the first time he had worn these pjs. They were not skintight
like all his others. He was so funny walking in slow motion feeling the fabric.
We were all cracking up!

Doing laps in his new jammies!

Just being silly as usual!

Trying to get a good shot of the new hairdo!

This is what he did when I asked him to look up
for a picture. I guess I should
have said-look at the camera!

Still trying to get a good shot...

King of the Hill Chair!

Crazy little boy face! I love this little guy!!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh - he looks so much like Joe in that first picture! And he looks so grown up. What a cutie! I love that little guy, too!

NotinKSAnymore said...

So very cute! He looks so much older. Amazing what a little hair cut can do!

AuntieKat said...

He is such a cutie pie! Look at all the cowlicks! adorable! ...and such big boy jammies.. it's hysterical how he is walking around in them. No more foot pajamas!?