Saturday, November 28, 2009

Great Thanksgiving Day!

Now on to the next holiday! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day spent with great friends and TONS of great food! The weather was beautiful all day, so the kids ran around outside most of the afternoon. They totally wore themselves out. It was so cute to see a little herd of 2-4 year olds chasing the soccer ball around. There were a few adults out there having a blast too! By the end of the night, Jackson was so exhausted I think he fell asleep before his head hit the pillow. Thanks again to all our friends who made our Thanksgiving such a special one.

Up next...Christmas!! Joe was such a sweet husband and obliged my many requests to drag out all the bins of decorations early Friday morning. While most people were out shopping, we were decorating. I just couldn't bring myself to brave the crowds. Maybe if we lived in a "real city" I would feel differently. I think I would have gotten all caught up in the hype of Black Friday. But this year Jackson and I headed to the gym while Joe got all the Christmas stuff out. A perfect day! Jackson "helped" us decorate the tree this year. His "helping" was chasing Milo around the house with the squirt bottle, to keep Milo from eating the tree. That was partly my fault. Since he was trying to help with the lights, by turning them on and off and on and off...you get the picture. So I tasked him with keeping Milo from eating the tree. At least he had fun. This morning we got up and headed out for a nice breakfast, a quick trip to Walmart, and then back home to hang the lights up outside. Mission accomplished! I think this is the earliest date that our house has ever been completely decorated. And it isn't even December! I just love all seeing the white lights and tree, I want to enjoy it for as long as possible.

That is all that is going on for now. Hope you all had a great Black Friday shopping or decorating, whatever you decided to do!

Playing trains with Landon and Megan!

Looking at an "egg" (really a mushroom!)

Run, Run, Run!!

Blowing a cattail!

Sandbox fun!

Our Family!

Time to eat! Notice how all the kids are sucking down their juice boxes!

Poor thing is pooped!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love that you spent your day with so many friends! Reminds me of the good ol' days in Kodiak. That turkey is too cute! Very creative, I'm most impressed! I love your dress too, and of course that little man of yours!

AuntieKat said...

We are glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving Day, but we missed you all very, very much. We are so blessed for such a wonderful family! Love you all! Give Jackson a big kiss and hug from Auntie Kat and Uncle Chris!