Thursday, April 24, 2008

My man has a new look and my luck continues...

I have a confession to make. Are you all ready. I do not floss. Never have, well except for the few days before I go to the dentist. I have a major fear of the dentist, as I am sure many of you do too. The thing is, I have no reason to be scared because I have never had a cavity in my life. The only other person I know who can say that is my good friend Janice Frankford. Who also has the same wedding anniversary as Joe and I (Cinco de Mayo!) I bet you are wondering why I am telling you one of my darkest secrets. Today I finally bit the bullet and made the bi-annual (not really bi-annual since I hadn't been to the dentist since we lived in Kodiak. I know-don't say it!) trip to the dentist. I have been having some really bad jaw pain lately so that is really what made me go. As usual, I had butterflies in my stomach and could hear the words over and over again in my mind, "Well, You have a few cavities that need to be filled." Bring on the gas please. But once again, I dodged the bullet. NO CAVITIES! I can't believe it. So, maybe not flossing everyday isn't so bad after all. I know, I know, I really should floss. And I am going to make an attempt to be better at it. But hooray I don't have to have any fillings. Or root canals like I dreamed about last night. Poor Joe is not so happy since he DOES floss and has not dodged the cavity bullet. Let's hope Jackson gets my teeth. The jaw pain is just from me clenching my teeth at night. The dentist said it was stress related. Stress, what stress? I had the same thing happen about 15 years ago when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I had a night guard made then for my teeth and it helped alot. Unfortunately it doesn't fit anymore since my teeth have shifted some. Which I am sure makes my parents very happy after they spent thousands of dollars to have fixed. So now I have to either force the guard I have on, or get a new one made. Hmmm....I don't know if I have enough pain medication to make the one I have work. I think I will be getting a new one.

Enough about my teeth, how about my hubby's new look! They had a Coast Guard Dining In tonight and the guys had to grow a mustache or pay a fine. It is funny to see all these guys with furry lips. Here are a few pictures of Joe and his new look. He decided to switch it up and make a fancy pencil 'stache for the night. I like to refer to it as his Capt. Stubing look now. I am sure there will be alot of smooth clean upper lips tomorrow morning. I wonder who won the Ugliest Mustache award? I will keep you posted....



And of course I had to post a picture of my other man. This is one of my favorites from today. He has his full belly laugh going alot now. Too cute!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Okay, first of all, I can't believe you don't floss! That seems like something you'd be all over, since you take such good care of yourself. Ha!

And YIKES!! Look at Joe! Did you have the shaving cream and razor ready for him when he got home?

The guys here had a "mustache growing contest" from Valentine's Day to St. Patrick's day. It was a scary month!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not so good about flossing, either. But I've had cavities all my life. Bad teeth. Oh well.

Thank goodness the Dining In is over - the itchy, scratchy, funny-looking fuzz is gone!

And Joe really did look ike Captain Stubing!

AuntieKat said...

Okay, those were two scary 'stashes. I remember Joe grew one "just for fun" before coming home for Christmas one year. Hmm that is one odd sense of humor. I guess you could count yourself lucky, he could have gone with trying to slick it and curl it up on the ends!
As far as the flossing... I'm only slightly better... I do it once in a while. And then, like you, do the "mad floss" several weeks before the appt.. only so my gums don't bleed (the tell-all) when the hygenist flosses for you. FOR SHAME! lol. love, Kathleen