Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

I am bored. I never thought I would be able to say that with a 6 month old! I decided that it was time to move Jackson to a 4 hour feeding schedule during the day. I was hoping that would make his napping go better and I knew it would give us more freedom to do more things. It seemed like I was always rushing to do things and get home "before his next feed". Of course it wouldn't be such an issue if I didn't mind nursing in public. Or if he wasn't so distracted nursing in public. But we are both more comfortable feeding him at home. So that is how things have been so far. So today I fed him at 7 and as usual. Then tried to keep him up a little longer so he would take one good morning nap instead of two shorter ones. Didn't go so well. I heard him in his room blowing raspberries after 30 minutes of blissful sleep. My new plan was not working so good so far. I made sure he wasn't going to fall back asleep again. No such luck. So I got him dressed and off we went into the beautiful day. I was just going to go for a walk to see if he would fall back asleep, or at least to occupy some time before his next feed at 11. It was so nice out that I decided to run. He was great! I don't think he actually went back to sleep, but he just chilled out and enjoyed the day. We made it to 11 for the feed. Then he stayed up a little longer and I put him down at 12:45. It is now almost 3 and I am going to go have to wake him up! His next feed is at 3. He woke up around 2 and fussed a little, but fell back asleep. I am scared to even celebrate or get my hopes up, but so far so good!! I am even more excited about this new schedule because now this means I can join the Y and get back to the gym. It was too hard before to figure out the timing with him sleeping and eating so often. By the time I got him there and got us all situated it would have been time to turn around and come home to feed him again. I might be exaggerating a bit, but that is what it felt like.

Alright, better go wake him up. Don't they say you should never wake a sleeping baby? Maybe 5 more minutes won't hurt...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What, no pictures today? I guess I will have to read the blog since we are not getting many emails telling what progress Jackson has made since the last time we talked.

Don't give up on the new schedule. It seems like with him, it takes a while to make changes! At this rate, he will be walking before we get there.