Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. I won't mention how old she is, or she might get upset with me. Even though it is just a number. I think my mom's birthday is extra special because it always falls so close to Mother's Day too. Such a special person and wonderful Mom deserves two days devoted to her back to back. My brother and I were lucky to have our mom around when we were growing up. She stayed home with us until we were in high school. She was always driving us to and from school and other events. My mom and I used to have a special day of shopping about once a month where we would head to the Galleria in Houston to do some girl bonding. We would shop and have a nice lunch. I miss those trips. My mom taught me many "lessons" over the years one of which is that you can never have too many pairs of black shoes. I know Joe is glad I learned that one! Hopefully for his sake we will only have boys. Although come boys have shoe fetishes too. Time will tell...

Mom, I'm thankful for all you showed me about how to love and give. Lessons that now bring so many blessings to me each and every day. Your sacrifices and unselfishness did not go unnoticed.
I admire you, I respect you, I love you. I wish you the happiest of all birthdays and the most wonderful Mother's Day of all! Your first as a Grammy too!

5 comments:

AuntieKat said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMMY LEMMON! Hope you have a great birthday. Thank you for bringing such a wonderful, caring, and special sister-in-law into the world. We all love her! What a beautiful message she wrote in your honor.

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NotinKSAnymore said...

Happy Birthday Grammy Lemmon! I hope you have a special day. Love from your "other daughter", Lisa :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Happy Birthday, Grammy Lemmon!

Jen, I never knew you were such a sap! What a nice note! I can't wait to see what you write for my birthday next month. Ha ha ha! Just kidding! But just for the record, you can definitely tell you had a wonderful mother. It really shows in who you are!

Unknown said...

From Grammy - Thank you, darling, for such touching and wonderful birthday wish. It really means a lot to me to know how you felt about all of your "growing-up" years. You are caring and loving daughter and I look forward to the times we can spend together now that you have a family of your own.
And, remember, we can still spend a few hours shopping - the boys can take care of themselves.