Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My wonderful husband....

has done it again. He has been blessed with the good gift giving gene. One I definately lack. Let's hope Jack gets his Daddy's gift giving gene. He has always been so original and creative when it comes to birthdays and anniversaries. On our first year anniversary, which the traditional gift is paper, he gave me tickets to Discovery Cove in Atlanta printed on PAPER! We got to swim with the dolphins, something I have always wanted to do. So the seven year anniversary gifts are brass, clocks, and desk sets. Lucky for me he didn't go with the traditional suggestions this year, but gave me beautiful diamond earrings instead! I don't deserve them, but will wear them proudly and probably so much that they will become permanent fixtures in my ears. Is running in diamond earrings too much?


Better go for now. I hear the sweet sounds of "Da-da-ba-da" coming from someone's room. Must have been a good hour and half nap! Off for a walk in the beautiful day.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very nice! Good job, Joe!

NotinKSAnymore said...

Beautiful! Could he pass some of those gift giving tips on down here to my guy?

AuntieKat said...

WOW. Joey you did a very good job! And Jen, everyone knows what a good wife you've been to my brother these last 7 years, so I am sure you deserved them! :-) I must say, Chris saw them and he said "oh man, now I have to live up to THAT?" ha ha. I told him to chill out a bit, he's got 6 more years, and my ears aren't pierced.. but not to start slacking! Wives deserve those sparkly treats!
Give Jackson a big smooch from his Auntie!

Joe and Jen said...

How did I not know that your ears are not pierced?!! Where have I been the past 10 years? Can you believe that Joe and I have known each other for almost 10 years! Time flies....Your nephew misses you and sends his wet sloppy "kisses" your way. (they are more like an open mouth lick)

Troy & Sherry said...

they are gorgeous!
how are you doing friend! we sure do miss you guys!
love ya!

Unknown said...

From Grammy (really - need to get my own screen name for Google) -
Yes, you are very blessed to have such a wonderful husband. Wonder if he got any of those genes by osmosis from his father-in-law?
Those are beautiful and you should remember that you have been a wonderful wife to that son-in-law of mine.
Can't wait to play with that grandson and get some of those wet sloppy "kisses" before Auntie Kat does.

Me said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!