Monday, May 5, 2008

And that is why you should avoid the dentist and flossing


Happy Cinco de Mayo! And Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband. 7 years ago today we said "I do" under the palm trees in the breeze on the beach. It was a beautiful day and I will remember it forever just like it was yesterday. I am a very lucky woman to have found such a wonderful man who loves me and treats me like a princess. And we are even more blessed now with our handsome and giggly baby boy!


We have had a busy past few days. On Friday we headed down to South Carolina to spend the weekend with Joe's dad, Grandpa Joe. It was Jackson's first visit to Manning, South Carolina. He was a great traveler. The outlet malls in Smithfield, NC just happened to be the halfway point on our trip. How convenient. We hit a few stores and continued on our travels. We had a nice weekend checking out the sites of Manning. Grandpa Joe was a great tour guide as we walked along the lake and the dam. There was a great little playground at Grandpa Joe's and Jackson went for his first ride on a swing. I think he was having a good time. He did manage to smile when he got his hands out of his mouth.


And now the number one reason why you should stay away, far, far, away from the dentist....because a week later your permanent retainer will pop off when you are eating a carrot! Yes, that was my afternoon. See what happens when I try to be healthy. Now I have a lose wire in my mouth that is strategically placed so it is not flapping in the wind. I have an appointment with an orthodontist on Thursday. We will see how much it costs to glue a small piece of wire back to my tooth. Maybe Joe could do it with some glue he has in the garage. He did take a Composites class at Purdue....

Here are some pictures from the weekend.

2 comments:

NotinKSAnymore said...

That can happen? Aye! I never even considered it might come off...even though somehow each dental hygienist that has cleaned my teeth manages to chip a little cement off here and there. Eventually I guess it will come loose. So sorry to hear that happened to you.

Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend. Jackson looks so happy in the swing. Happy Anniversary!

AuntieKat said...

I can't believe it's been 7 years either. Crazy. You've been so many places since then too!
Looks like you had a great weekend. I'm glad you three got down to see Dad. There's not much excitement in Manning, although Dad keeps telling me how much it's grown since I was there (tells you how it was when I visited! lol). It's great for him though. Pretty, too. Love the pictures! Oh, and yes, have Joe get right on that retainer project!