Sunday, May 18, 2008

MIA!


My First Mother's Day!


I know, I know. It has been awhile since I have posted anything. I am sure some of you (well, at least three of you, Grammy, Mere-Mere, and Auntie Kat) are going through picture withdrawal. I hope this post will not disappoint you!

We have had a busy few weeks. My first Mother's Day was wonderful. I spent a low key day with my two boys! Joe and Jackson gave me a nice spa day package. I can't wait to use it. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and such a precious little boy in my life. I couldn't ask for more. They both amaze me more and more each day.

My parents arrived the Tuesday after Mother's Day. We have been trying to get some little projects accomplished when they aren't hanging out with Jackson. As you might have guessed, the projects are slow to be completed since they can't get enough of the little guy. He has done great with them. I have gotten away for a few appointments ( I have a new 'do!) and Joe and I have gone out while Grammy and Grampy stayed with Jack-Jack.

We had an exciting weekend. I ran in a Spring Fling 5K Fun Run with Laurie. It was a kickoff to the North Carolina Potato Festival. Who knew potatoes had their own festival! Joe, Jack, Grammy, and Grampy cheered me across the finish line as I came in 19th place. I have been biten by the running bug again and am even considering doing a half-marathon. Considering I said. Don't hold me to it. I will have to find one around here. I at least will be running in some more 5K's. The day was beautiful and we walked around the festival for a bit. We were too early to see the puppet show, but Jackson did get to see a walking potato and a few BIG dogs (the great dane rescue). After a morning of spuds, we came home and started staining the fence. After two days, we managed to make a small dent in the massive fence. So we will just keep chugging along a section at a time. As my dad said, we will probably be transferred right after we finish it. Oh well... My laundry room and pantry have been reorganized too this week, so now I can be more efficient. Seems like I do spend alot of time in those two areas!


Me, happy to finish!

Laurie crossing the finish line!

Joe heads out of town tomorrow to the Cape for the week. And Grammy and Grampy go home on Tuesday. Jack and I will be alone for the rest of the week. I am sure it will be a very quiet (and lonely!) rest of the week. Here are some pics from the week.


My new 'do!


More pictures to come of the week with Grammy and Grampy.

2 comments:

NotinKSAnymore said...

Cute hair! Looks like mine, only better (I need a trim...). I'm so impressed with your running. I wish I could get bitten by that bug. I'm just happy that I actually went to the gym today. It's been way too long! I've missed your blog - so glad that you are back in blogland.

AuntieKat said...

So glad to see you are back, and with so much to say!! I have been lonesome! What a cute Mother's Day photo. I love it! I also love your new 'do. I have one too! I chopped about 5" off. Must be the springtime thing to do!
I am also very proud of you w/the 5K! Good for you. Now you can go eat some Reese's PB cups and not feel guilty! I bet Jackson loved the giant potato. See, that's another reason to move to NC...who else has a potato festival. HA HA. FUN. We are eagerly awaiting Joe's arrival here... Miss you! Too bad you & Jack couldn't come too. Next time!