Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Is there such a thing?

As a house that is too quiet? Mine is. Right now. Besides the dryer running and Deadliest Catch on in the background. It is too quiet. Too empty. Too sad. That is how I feel. Even though I am not alone. Jackson is asleep in his room, less than 20 feet from me. I should be asleep too. But the house is too empty. My bed feels 2 miles wide. My cats are too needy. My head is too poundy ( I know, that isn't a word, but just humor me!). We dropped my parents off at the airport this afternoon. Jackson did great and slept for an hour on the way home. He ate well and had a great bath. He was asleep by 7:30 without any fussing or crying. So why am I so down? I guess I am just missing Joe, missing my parents, missing all my friends that are far away. Am I overly (once again, probably not a word) hormonal today? Maybe. I am tempted to take my pillow and blanket and go sleep on the floor in Jackson's room to be close to another warm body. One other than a furry hot sack of coals. But that would be foolish because then I would be crippled in the morning and be useless. I know this funk will pass and I know that tomorrow is another day. But for now I will just go to bed. In this massive bed. Sleeping with the monitor on the highest setting so I can hear someone breathing. With two hot felines using me for a bed. Waking up in two hours in a sweat from all the heat said animals produce. And hope that tomorrow I feel full again.

5 comments:

NotinKSAnymore said...

It's hard for me to sleep when Derek's out of town too. I usually end up reading or have the tv on until the wee hours of the night even though there is nothing to watch. I hope you feel better tomorrow!

If I was there, I'd come sleep on your couch!

Kimberly said...

Jen, that's pitiful! I'd snuggle with you... if I wasn't on the other side of the world! Enjoy your peace and quiet. When it's wild and crazy around there again, you'll wish you had this time.

Anonymous said...

Well...I guess my visit this morning helped us both then, right!? Thanks...and feel free to come over here anytime and join in the chaos!

AuntieKat said...

You poor thing. It's always like that when you have a house full of people and then they all skedaddle! We had a wonderful dinner last night w/your hubby. We missed you and Jack though! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

When you were home in a nice quiet house. Danny and I were taking turns holding the little monkey at Sam Diegos. Dan would hold him while I scarf down a burrito and margarita:)and yes we are crazy for taking him out during the evening witching hour:)Ali