Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A new day and a new me!

Today was a beautiful day. And thankfully my funk has pretty much passed. It is so hard to be in a bad mood or sad when you have this looking at you all day!



We took it easy today and were home most of the day. I figured Jackson and I both could use a day of doing nothing. Laurie came over to hangout with us for a few hours this morning. It was nice to chat with her. I think that helped lift my spirits more. Jackson was a bit clingy today. Could it be he was already spoiled from Grammy and Grampy? Or could it be his teeth? Or could it be separation anxiety beginning? Could it be he didn't sleep well last night? It could be any and all of the above. How do you know? Kids are such a mystery! I took a gamble and ran out to Wal-mart this afternoon after his nap. He did fine. And I am happy to not have to deal with that tomorrow or this weekend.

I got all caught up on my "stories" (as my grandmother used to say) that I recorded last week. Was anyone else shocked about the Desperate Housewives finale? How will they start that again next season? And how can it be that the season is already over? Didn't they just start taping again? I can't wait for the two hour Grey's Anatomy finale tomorrow. I am half listening to American Idol right now. It is painful at times. To tell you the truth I don't really care who wins this season. I was pretty bored with all the contestants. David Cook was really good in the beginning, but his performances last night were BORING!! Where is the funky fun spunky David? And the other David, the little boy, is just too annoying for me to even watch. I must not have the "ear" because I don't think he is that good. Should be interesting to see who wins and see how they do in the future. And congrats to Kristi Y. ( I won't attempt to spell her name) for winning Dancing with the Stars. It was about time for another girl to win. Not that I even really watched it that much this season. But I did see a few dances. Maybe next season I will get back into it again. I really should be reading or doing something more productive than watching tv all the time.

Oh great, here comes dreadlock boy. I am waiting for some live animals to come out of his hair. Dreadlocks gross me out. Another little secret of mine. So please don't send me any in the mail. Why can't they just tell us who won. Why do they have to torture us for two whole hours? Maybe I will just go to bed and see who won in the morning. I do have some laundry to do....

I guess I have rambled on long enough about nothing. Tonight I will not have a pity party for myself. I will just go to bed. Still in my massive bed though. with two hot furry felines. one of which bathes herself excessively while I am trying to sleep. lick, lick, lick, lick. Right, no complaining. Sorry. I am off...

1 comments:

AuntieKat said...

Ah, I see now you are enjoying yourself and the "quiet" a bit more. I don't watch any of those shows. I watch all the CRIME. I am glad to see you are back on your blogging schedule as well. I was going thru withdrawls! Thanks for all the pics and updates! Love it!