Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th, Happy 9 Months, and Oh Happy Day!

Happy Belated 4th of July. It has been a busy long weekend. We started the holiday weekend off with a snotty bang! Jackson woke up with a runny nose, watery eyes, and non stop sneezing. I don't know if it is allergies, a cold, or his teeth. Or all three!! Despite all the fluids pouring from him, he was in a great mood. Joe and I were able to work on the fence Friday morning and we finally finished the staining!! Oh happy day!! I never thought the day would come. It looks great and I have to say that I am very proud of Joe for all the long hours of staining he put in. Let's hope that we move before we have to do it again. It is not something I want to do again, ever! No, it really wasn't that hard. Just very time consuming. I guess if we didn't have a 9 month old we would have been finished a long time ago.

Speaking of nine month olds.....Jackson officially is 9 months and 2 days old. I still can't believe it. The time is flying by. He doesn't go for his 9 month well check until next week (on Mere-Mere's birthday) so we don't have any of his stats yet. But I can tell you that he feels like he weighs alot. He is really starting to move around more on his tummy and has gotten the hang of going from sitting to his tummy. His new favorite toy is my old cell phone. They start young!

We had a great day on July 4th. We headed to the Storch's house for a cookout. Our other friends the Antarans and Weavers were there too. The food was great, as usual. It was nice to hang out with everyone.

We spent the rest of the weekend cleaning the house and clearing up the clutter in preparation for our next round of visitors. Our friends the Bells will be arriving tomorrow to stay for a few days. Chuck is one of Joe's Academy classmates and roommate, and Michelle was one of the first people I met when I moved to Florida after I graduated from A&M. We hit it off the moment we met and have remained close (although not in distance!) through the years. We haven't seen them in about 3 years so we are looking forward to a few days with them. Chuck is finishing up school in December at University of Florida and hopefully they will get stationed here next.

I haven't been too good about pictures lately. But here are a few from the last few days. I will be better this week. Maybe we will have some crawling video soon.

Eating lunch is so exhausting.

Why can't I get in there?


Just standing as usual!

Can you find the baby in the pile of toys?

5 comments:

Me said...

He's so precious - glad you are doing well!

Me said...

Okay - where did you get this background? And how did you make your banner? I love it!

Hey - if you happen to be in Texas October 10-12, and scrapbook, you can join Lisa and I and her sister and my mom and a couple others for a scrapbooking weekend :) I would love to catch up with you!

thegrinhams said...

Hi. Just wanted to say that I love the big photo of Jackson at the top of your blog. He is such a handsome boy...both Matthew and I are always commenting on how cute Jackson is!

AuntieKat said...

Love the new pictures. Sounds like you had a great couple of days! I missed the updates. The HUGE picture of Jackson is super! I love it.
We had an uneventful 4th up here. Weather was overcast, so no fireworks were seen. Oh well, we are having a nice visit with Mere-Mere. She is not sleeping in the closet though, she is out in the loft! Crazy Mere-Mere. She's looking forward to her visit w/you all...hope she doesn't get lost!! :-)

NotinKSAnymore said...

Love the new look! Fresh and colorful...Good job!