Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In less than 36 hours....

Friday night I finally convinced Joe to help me paint Jackson's room (i.e. to do it for me!). I was bored with the neutral stripes. They didn't really turn out how I originally intended. And I felt like he needed a more "boyish" room. So we got the paint on Saturday morning and started painting Saturday evening. I was pretty proud of us that we finished priming, painting, and putting everthing back in it's place in less than 36 hours. That is no small feat with a 9 month old who does not like to sleep in his pack 'n play. That was enough motivation for us to finish it quickly. He was a trooper while we finished up. We are still searching for fabric for the curtains, but here are a few pictures of the new walls. I have to order some pictures for the walls too. But it is so much nicer and cheerier (is that a word?) already!





Not much else is going on. Just trying to stay cool in all this heat! Hopefully I will make it up to Chesapeake this week for a day of shopping all alone! Fun times! Maybe some other exciting things will happen this week too...

3 comments:

Me said...

Patrick's room is almost that exact color, and his crib is similar too ;)

Hope you guys are doing well!

AuntieKat said...

Love the color of the bedroom. Now you can hang pictures w/o trying to fit them creatively w/the stripes. It's also boyish which Jack, I am sure, loves! Hope you got to Chesapeake to go shopping! Do some for me! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Did you have any trouble with the lines from the stripes? Joe and I discussed them when we were visiting.