Sunday, August 3, 2008

When the duck is swimming in the lake...

Quack Quack is the sound he'll make! Joe, Jackson, and I had a fun afternoon down at the waterfront. Mere-Mere told us about the ducks she saw the other day. So we headed down check them out. We should have taken more bread! There were a ton of ducks, geese, and some scary swans. We should have known something was up when we were swarmed right when we got out of the car. We managed to make it to the water and got the ducks to come over to us. Along with the flock of geese. Joe shooed the geese away. And we thought we were in the clear to enjoy the ducks ( and their turtle friend). But then we heard the honking of the swans. You would have thought there were hundreds of them with as much racket as they were making. but there were only 4 of them! And one was a baby. So cute. Jackson loved them and was just watching them all. After the bread was gone, we took a walk along the waterfront. It was such a special moment as Jackson walked between Joe and I holding on to us both with his little hands! My little boy is growing up so fast.

Tomorrow is a big day! It is Jackson's 10 month birthday, Coast Guard Day, and my good friend Laura's birthday. I can't believe that he is 10 months old already. I know I will say the same thing in one month and even more so in 2 months! But really, where has the time gone? He has such a great personality. And is happy as can be especially when he is walking. Silly boy.

The plan for the week is to finish the curtains and maybe head to the Coast Guard Beach. Who knows, maybe we will head up to do some shopping too.

Here are some pictures from the week....

I like to lead Mere-Mere around by her skirt!

New bath hairdo!

Mommy and Daddy love to style my hair!

See my teeth!

Like my new jammies?

Uh-Oh! Here they come!

They smell bread!

There they are!

You are good at feeding those ducks Daddy!

Aren't I handsome?

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Very cute! I especially love the hairdo pictures. You should get those framed! Good thing I read your blog today - I TOTALLY forgot that it was Laura's birthday! What the heck is wrong with me??? It's also my nephew's birthday, so normally I don't forget! I'm off to send an e-mail!

AuntieKat said...

I have to say, your blog makes me so happy. I look forward to new entries every day. Thanks for keeping up with it. I love the pictures. And DAMN that is one handsome duck! (I do think he (she?)is cute in a strange way!)