Wednesday, September 3, 2008

11 months and we are off!

I know I say this every month, but I can't believe that Jackson is another month older. And he is 11 months old now! Really....where has the time gone? Last year at this time I was bored to death already as I was just beginning my bed rest sentence. No it really wasn't that bad. I did get to read alot of books and rest alot, in preparation for the little guy's arrival. It was all worth it to have a healthy baby. Not that I didn't get VERY bored and uncomfortable toward the end....but that is another story.

Jackson is really changing alot these days. He is crawling and walking all over the place. He has finally learned to put his hands out when he falls forward-although he does occasionally forget and does a nice face plant. He loves to throw balls and is pretty good using either hand. His favorite past time is still chasing the cats and squealing in delight when he gets anywhere near them. His first top two teeth have broken through now. It is amazing how different he looks. And lucky for us he LOVES to brush those teeth. He hasn't really started saying many understandable words, besides Da-Da. But he does recognize and point to things when you ask him about them. He seems to understand all the things we say to him. Especially "Stop", which is what we saywhen he throws his food off his high chair tray". To which he responds, "SSSSSS-dop" and proceeds to drop more over the side. I wonder where he gets that stubborn streak?

That is about all for now. Joe, Jackson, and I are off to Santa Fe, New Mexico tomorrow. Jackson and I are going to stay with my parents for almost 2 weeks while Joe continues on to Seattle for a class. I am anxious about the long flights, but hopefully it won't be so bad. You should see the stock pile of snacks I have packed. At least I know the boy won't get hungry!

I will try to keep posting while we are there. I haven't had much time to take pictures the last few days, but I am sure there will be plenty taken in the next few weeks. See you soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Jackson likes to brush his teeth and you better teach him to FLOSS when he's older!! HA!

Have a great time on your trip! Good luck with the flights!

Joe and Jen said...

I should start teaching him to floss now!! Maybe there is hope...his Daddy likes to floss.

Troy & Sherry said...

hey friend -
we got a great gift from you today - we used the towel after his bath today - LOVE IT!!!!!!! email me your mailing address again sherrysyroteuk@hotmail.com i hope you have fun traveling around

AuntieKat said...

I am so glad you wrote before you left! I was going thru withdrawls! I hope your flights went well and say hello to your parents. I am sure you will have lots of fun. I can't wait to see pictures.. especially of those 2 front teeth! I agree w/Kimberly - you better teach Jack to FLOSS! lolol :-)