Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pony Party!

Just a quick post and some pictures. I am a bit injured at the moment. I should not be allowed in the kitchen anymore. I was grating zucchini for zucchini bread and somehow grated my knuckle too. So I am trying to type while holding pressure on it. Fun!

We had a great weekend. Jackson attended his first real birthday party for his friend Piper Dayton. It was a Curious George party complete with cake, a pinata, and pony rides! I was a little concerned that Jackson would be freaked out to ride the ponies, since he has never been that close to a pony before. But he LOVED it. The guy leading them was walking really fast so Jackson was being jostled pretty good. But he hung on and rode it out. Two times!! The first ride he was a little apprehensive, but the second time around he was all smiles. And was talking to the horse. So cute! This party was just getting him warmed up for his Big Day on Saturday. I still can't believe it. He will be one in a few days. Where did the year go? My parents arrive Tuesday for the week. I hope to post a few more times this week, but if I don't get a chance to I will definitely post after his party as soon as I can.

Here are some pics from the ponies!

New dinnertime activity-stack the food!

Like my new pants?

Giddy-up! Full speed ahead Pony!

Should I touch his nose?

Take 2-Now I am really ready!

Click-Click, Giddy-up!

Whoa horsey!

This pony is fast! I am holding on with two hand!

Weee! I like riding ponies!

1 comments:

AuntieKat said...

Jackson looks like he will be a great cowboy someday! It seems like he was having a great time, what a fun first birthday invite! I can't believe he's going to be ONE either. Seems like just yesterday we were all blessed with him! Sorry to hear about your knuckle. That stings, doesn't it? We have survived the torrential downpour weekend.. it's still raining today.. they say we will see the sun again..maybe tomorrow afternoon or Wed... sigh.. so depressing! Miss you all!