Monday, October 6, 2008

Phew!

That about sums up the weekend! I know I haven't posted any pictures from the big party. Saturday was pretty busy and we were all exhausted by the time the Birthday Boy went to bed. And Sunday Joe and I snuck away for the night and left Grammy and Grampy to take care of the little guy. Joe and I headed up to Williamsburg to Busch Gardens on Sunday and then stayed over night in a nice bed and breakfast in Colonial Williamsburg. I got home this afternoon after dropping Joe off at the airport to fly to Indy for a few days. Jackson seemed surprised to see me this afternoon when he woke up from his nap. I guess he did fine without us!

The party was a great success. The weather was beautiful so we were outside the whole day. The kids had a blast playing with the sand and water table, wagon, cars, and numerous balls. Joe did a great job at the grill, as usual. The cake was wonderful. Although one person was not so sure about it. You will see from the pictures that Jackson didn't really like the icing on his fingers. I guess he isn't a big fan of cake. He took one bite and decided he had enough. More for me!! It was a great day and Jackson made out with lots of great new toys, books, and college fund money!

I am trying to upload all the pictures to Shutterfly but it isn't working right now. So you will have to wait a little longer...I am going to bed now. I am too frustrated to keep trying tonight. Hopefully I will figure it out tomorrow. Until then...just imagine a cute little boy smiling!

2 comments:

NotinKSAnymore said...

Ahh..Williamsburg. I'm sure it seems much different when you aren't 14 and silly. Hope you guys had a nice relaxing mini-vacay. Can't wait to see the photos! (of the birthday, not Williamsburg)

Joe and Jen said...

Yes, Williamsburg was VERY different this time around. No bad food and boring college tours. And no scary plane ride either. Not that we didn't have a good time when we were 14...