Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eye-SEA-uuuuu!

I HAVE to post something to get that ridiculous picture of Milo further down the page. I am sure all of you are also tired of seeing the poor cat whose manlihood (if it is possible for a cat to have that!) is diminished more and more every time someone visits our blog. But after all, he is just a cat.

Nonetheless, I will post some new stuff. I know-hold on to your hats people! I bet you are on the edge of your seats wondering what I will have to say this time. And will it include Jackson? Of course! But first something else near and dear to my heart.

Many of you know of my love for our local YMCA. Where else can you go and get a great workout while your little one is playing and having the time of his life in a huge room full of toys? Our Y is kind of like the mailman, no matter what the weather, they are always there/open. And more than likely, Jackson and I are always there at 7:55 am on the dot. No silly North Carolina "snow storm" will keep us home! I decided to volunteer for the YMCA "We Build People" annual giving campaign. Mainly because our YMCA experience has been such a good one. I feel like I am a better person, physically and emotionally, due to our time spent there. We have taken advantage of many of the programs the Y has to offer, such as swim lessons, Mom's Morning Out, and group exercise classes. I feel like everyone, young or old, should have the same opportunities that we do to enjoy all that the YMCA has to offer. But as we all know, times are tough. And many people cannot afford to take part in the many programs the Y has to offer. That is where this giving campaign comes in. I am volunteering my time to help raise money and awareness for the YMCA's We Build People Campaign which supports All Kids Swim Programs, Summer Camps, and Annual Memberships. Along with many other YMCA members, I am working to to raise $15,000 for the campaign. I have set a personal goal to raise $300. All of the money I raise will stay right here at my local YMCA, and will be used for the children and families in our community. Are you able to make a donation to this wonderful cause? Any amount will help out the community. Please email me or leave a comment if you feel you can make a pledge to the We Build People campaign.

This week, we are taking care of Lucky, our friend's, the Antarans, dog. Every morning (on our way to the YMCA, wink, wink!) we head over to Lucky's house to let her out, give her some food and water, and, of course, give her some much needed attention. Lucky is such a sweet dog. She will tolerate just about anything. Thank goodness Jackson is good with her. Unlike the "good" he is with Milo! But that is another story. This morning we entered the house and Jackson started calling out for "Luhh-ee". And here she came down the stairs. He loves to hang out at the sliding glass door and wait for Lucky to do her thing out back. And the best part of it all for Jackson is that he gets to play with Ava's toy kitchen and other toys while we are there. He was trying to serve Lucky some breakfast this morning. Complete with a "soon" and a cup. While I was filling food and water bowls I heard Jackson repeating something over and over. I glanced over to see what he was doing and cracked up. He was laying on the ground basically hiding from the toy he was playing with and pushing the same button again and again. He was repeating what the toy was saying to him. The toy was saying, "Peek-a-boo! I see you!" Jackson's version: "Pee-ooo! Eye-SEA-uuuuu!" That is the first full sentence he has said. And he has been saying it all day long.

Gobs of toys in the room and everyone wants to be in the same chair!

Jackson's good buddies, Ali and Alec, both in The Chair!

How to get a 16 month old to eat-distract, distract, distract.

Not playing this game anymore!

0 comments: