Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Out of the Mouth of a (Almost) 2 Year Old!

Just when I think he can't change any more or any faster...Jackson proves me wrong again! In the last two weeks he has really transformed from a toddler into a little boy. There were many times over the last few weeks that I would stop and just look at him and think, "Who are you? And what have you done with my baby?" He has started to imitate people alot, copying you when you have your arms crossed, or leaning against a wall propped on one hand with his feet crossed below. And many more things. His verbal skills are growing like crazy too! He can carry on a conversation with anyone, and it all makes sense. Well, most of the time...He is using words and sentences in context and making many observations of his own. The other night he was walking through the kitchen and he stopped and picked up his foot and said, "Ouchee". Joe and I were in the kitchen and Joe asked him what happened. He stated simply, "I stepped on something!" Just like that. Silly Daddy, don't you know!! I am trying very hard to remember some of the things that come out of his mouth and write them down to look back at later on. Here are some of the things overheard/discussed the past few days! Hope you enjoy our little man as much as we do!

Mommy: Where do Grammy and Grampy live?
Jackson: New Mex-ick-ti-co
Mommy: Where does Jackson live?
Jackson: At home! (Of course!!!)


There is a booby trap in my car! (He told me this the other day when I got back in the car after getting gas. )

Hi Moon. How ya doin' up there?

The moon will be going down, down, down. The Sun will be going up, up, up! (with tons of enthusiasm!)

Conversation on the way home from the gym.
Jackson:
It's bro-kin. Yook Mommy, It's bro-kin.
Mommy: What's broken sweetie?
Jackson: My Yeg!! It's bro-kin

While in Oklahoma, my sister-in-law was trying to teach Jackson the "Peace" sign with his fingers. He was struggling to get only his two fingers up. Later that day someone asked him how old he was going to be and he said "Two". Then I held up my two fingers and asked him "How many is this?" to which he replied... "Two peaces!". Silly!!

Who knows what he will come up with next!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love it, Jen! Keep it coming! You see now why I had to start my blog!

AuntieKat said...

I love it too! It makes us feel closer to him, like we are seeing him grow, even tho we are far away (and closer to you guys too!).

It's hard to believe Jackson is going to be "two peace" :-)