Thursday, May 6, 2010

Strawberry Pickin' Fun!

This morning, Jackson and I headed out to meet our friends Karin, Cille, Ashley, and Aiden for some strawberry picking. It was so much fun. What a challenge picking strawberries with three, two and half year old BOYS turned out to be. After the boys had their fill of stuffing their mouths full of berries eating berries, they decided it was time to run around like crazy and start throwing berries, dirt, hats and anything else they could get their hands on. Karin, Ashley, and I were trying to discipline while picking berries. There were so many beautiful looking and good tasting berries to be picked. We couldn't stop! Finally we had enough of out of control boys and headed for home. I have eaten so many strawberries since we got home that I feel like I am turning red. But they are so good!! I can't believe how much better fresh picked strawberries are than the nasty hard flavorless ones you buy at the store. We might have to head back next week for more!

Aiden and Jackson ready to go!

The boys ready being silly!

Off to find the perfect picking spot!

Jackson and Cille running like crazy!

Eating the fruits of his labor!

Big juicy bite!

Aiden munching on a berry!

Cille off for a run!

Throwing something again!

Yummy Berry goodness!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, my mouth is watering just looking at those! Yum! I'm going to have to find a place to pick some myself!

AuntieKat said...

Those berries look SO delicious. I think I am going to dream of tem tonight....