Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Still here...sortof!

Yes, we are all still alive. We have managed to dig ourselves out of boxes and packing paper finally. The move was a bit chaotic to start, but worked out alright in the end. Three truck loads of stuff later...we managed to have a fairly "breakage" free move this time. Can you believe it? I guess considering the fact that it was the shortest distance move it should have been that way. But you never know! Joe and I arrived at the new house Thursday, July 1st. The first truck arrived later that afternoon. The last two loads didn't make it to our house until the next day. But as we joked, it probably was a good thing it can in shifts. Otherwise we would have really been buried in boxes. it gave us a good chance to get alot unpacked and give those stinkin' boxes back! After all our stuff was delivered, Joe and I tackled the first project. The Laundry Room. The flooring was disgusting and the walls were pretty bad too. We painted and laid new floor tiles. It is amazing how much better it looks. In the midst of the laundry room redo- we also tackled Jackson's room. We just had to paint it and get all his stuff unpacked and set up. It turned out really cute. I can't wait to get his "big boy" bed in there with his rocket sheets and comforter. On second thought....I think I can wait. He is still perfectly happy in his crib. Why rush it?!!

My parents and Jackson arrived on Monday, July 5th and the fun began! We missed him so much! He had a great time with Grammy and Grampy. But he was glad to be back home in his bed I think. He had a rough few days getting back on our time zone and being in a new place but he seems good now. He keeps saying he wants to go back to his old house and see his friends. Today after his nap he wanted to look at his picture of all his friends. I gave it to him and it looked at it for a few minutes and then said, "I miss my friends. Can we go visit them?" I told him that we were going to have fun making new friends. To which he replied, " I don't want to make new friends. I want to see my old friends!" How can it be this hard when he is barely three yet?

We tackled a few more projects while my parents were here. We were definitely not as productive with a little person in the picture. But we got all the stuff accomplished that we wanted to. Joe and my Dad were busy building shelves for my pantry and redoing the laundry room shelf. They also installed a new dishwasher. My dad and mom hung a new light in the breakfast room. And we all painted alot! My mom and I removed the hideous wallpaper border in the dining room. And then we painted the whole room. We also painted the guest room. We also got alot of stuff unpacked and organized. Now we just need to finish painting and get all the pictures on the walls.

But for now, we are taking a break from all this moving fun (ha!) and heading North. We are going to visit Nana and Buba in Maine, then meeting Danny, Ali, and Tanner in North Conway, New Hampshire. We are going to visit Storyland and do a great train ride. Then we will head to the Cape and see the rest of Joe's family. And we are very excited because we get to stay in Mere-Mere's new house!! Hooray! It is finally finished. Hopefully I will have time to update the blog while we are there. For now here are a few pictures.

Our New House!

Jackson's Room-Before

Jackson's Room-After

After

Laundry Room Floor-before (This was the good part!)

More yuckiness!

After-Ahh, so much better!

Dining Room-Before-faux finish sponge paint and border!

Before

After

After

Guest Room Before-Green sponge paint

Before

After-nice gray color. Looks better in person

After

Jackson and his new space shuttle

Trying to get a good picture...
not an easy task!

Grampy and Jackson

Taking the old basketball hoop net to the trash

About to shoot...

Going for it!

3 comments:

AuntieKat said...

You did an amazing job, it looks wonderful!
It is so sad that Jackson misses his friends :-( but he is a sweet boy with such a great personality...he will make more friends in no time flat!
Can't wait to see you in a couple days! love you all!

PAIGE said...

Wow! I love what you've done to the new place. Miss you guys
xo
Lem and Paige

Kim said...

The house looks amazing Jen and Joe. Way to go. I can't believe the transition in such a short time. I hope you have a great vacation and get to relax. Take care.