Sunday, March 30, 2008

Did someone say it was Spring?

Here we are at Sunday again. Where did the weekend go? They seem to fly by. The week went pretty fast too. I received some beautiful hydrangea's from Joe and Jackson for my birthday.But as many of you all know, I have a black thumb. Somehow every live plant that makes it way to my home passes on a few weeks later. So, I need your gardening advice. How do I keep this beautiful plant alive? I am not sure if we should keep it inside or plant it outside. I think we are going to replant it in a nice pot so we have the option of moving it in and out. Help!!

We had a touch of Spring last week, but winter reared it's ugly head again this weekend. It has been cold, rainy, and windy all weekend. Joe and I were going to take Jackson to the park for the first time, but I think we will wait until the weather is warmer. It is a hot chocolate, stay inside, day. Makes me want to curl up on the couch and read a book. I don't see that happening anytime soon though. No problem. I get to play with an adorable baby instead. Oh, and do laundry and empty the dishwasher.

Another little victory today in Church. Jackson did great in the nursery. The key is a nap around 8 before we head to Church. There were about 4 other little ones in the room too today, which usually preoccupies him too. He did get tired toward the end and when we came in to get him he was asleep on one of the ladies. So sweet. It is the first time I have ever seen him fall asleep on a complete stranger. YAY!! Now we just need to get to the YMCA and hope he does as well there. I need to get back to my weights and cardio so I can carry the little chunky monkey.

This week Jackson has really been gnawing on any and everything. I know that tooth is so close. I just wish it would come through soon. Poor guy. It must be painful.


Here are a few pics from the week. I hope he doesn't hate me years from now for the things I do to him! :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hydrangea's are pretty hearty. If you plant them right in the ground the flowers will come back year after year. We had some in Savannah and they survived the winters and would always come back in the spring bigger and prettier than the year before. Just cut them back in the fall before the first freeze. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You do not have a black thumb! Remember all the pretty flowers youplanted in Kodiak?

I second what Kim said...will do much better planted in the ground than staying in a pot. Needs some good hot sun. Remind me and I will bring my gardening book over to you.

Love the pictures...if you can't dress you baby funny and take pictures, what is the point of having them? I still do it to Megan and Jake!

Unknown said...

Hydrangeas - Usually they do best when planted on the north or east side of the house because they do not like direct sun. I agree with Kim; they do get prettier and bigger each year.

Pics are darling! Where did he get that silly hat?

Cheryl said...

The flowers are beautiful. No advice from this end on where to plant them as I too have a black thumb. Loved the pics of Jackson-he is getting so big.

Renay said...

What a cutie and happy birthday! enjoy my new blog!