Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Weigh in time!

I have been a bit lazy lately with the blog. Oops! Joe is gone this week so unfortunately I don't have as much free time. Jackson has been great thank goodness! On Saturday night he slept thru the whole night without waking up to eat. Yipee!! He has done it every night since then too. The first few nights he still woke up and was talking/fussing some. But last night I didn't hear a peep from him until 5 this morning. I know that is an early morning wake up call, but I can handle that if I get to sleep all night long! And after eating at 5 he went back to bed until 7.

We headed to the Dr. this morning for Jackson's 6 month well visit. He weighs 16 lbs, 5 oz and is now 26 inches long. He is following along the growth curve at the 50% very consistently. Dr. Coleman was very pleased with his progress and said that we are raising a "very healthy and pleasant boy". We think so too! He is pretty much on target for all his developmental milestones too. He still isn't rolling from his back to his tummy, but he is trying. She suggested putting him on the floor as much as possible with toys just out of reach to spur him on. Today was a three shot visit! He was a happy and smiley baby up until the needles went in! Luckily he doesn't stay mad long. By the time I picked him up he was over it. Now let's hope the next few days are not so bad.

Also on the subject of "weighing in", is anyone else addicted to watching The Biggest Loser? I don't know why I love it so much, but I can't miss an episode! I think it is just so amazing to see how much the contestants change-both physically and mentally. I am watching last nights episode now, where there are only 4 people left. They are about to don their "fat suits" and do a challenge. I can't even imagine! How hard the must be to put all that weight back on. Makes me want to go run a marathon. Too bad the weather is so miserable. Rainy and cold. Reminds me of life in Kodiak!


So that is our day so far. Maybe the rest of our week will be as exciting! Here are a few pictures from the past few days. Jackson has been eating sweet potatoes this week and he loves them!! Today is prunes, since he is having some "issues". I will let you know how that goes!! Here comes the excitement.

6 comments:

Renay said...

Ah, what a big boy. Super cute-glad to her all is "mostly" well-hope everything comes "out" ok:-)

I'm a total BL fanatic! I too was amazed at the final 4's progress-did you vote? I am a fan of Mark b/c the other dude has lots of moola anyway;-)

Joe and Jen said...

Hey Renay!!
I didn't vote-. But how much more weight can Mark really lose?? He is so skinny already!

Renay said...

True, but it's about overall % lost, right? And you aren't really a fan if you don't vote *cough*.

Anonymous said...

What a big boy! Hope he continues to sleep well for you, especially while Joe is away.

As for BL - I voted for Mark. He can't lose much more weight, but I'm beginning to think that Roger is a bit of an a$$. Either way, I just want Ali to win. She looks so great! I wanted Britney to win, but oh well.

NotinKSAnymore said...

I can't believe he's already 6 months old. The time flies...

I even have Katie hooked on BL. We watched it last night and she really wants Ali to win. I think it's only because she has a pink shirt though. I voted for Mark because I think that will give Ali a better chance.

Joe and Jen said...

Okay, okay. I voted!! I felt like i wasn't really a fan until i voted. I voted for Mark too. But I want Ali to win. She looks great!