Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Every year Father's Day is such a special Day. My Dad is such an amazing man and Father, and I am so lucky to be his "Little Girl". When I was growing up he would tell me that I was, and always would be his little girl. When I was younger, all I wanted to do was grow up, so hearing that I was little wasn't the greatest thing. But now, I am proud to be his little girl forever. I hope that someday we have a girl also so that Joe will be able to experience the love a little girl has for her daddy! Thanks Dad for loving us and being a great Dad. We love you!


Today is an extra special Father's Day because it is Joe's first Father's Day! The day I met Joe I knew he would be a great Father. He is such a caring, giving, and loving man. Jackson and I both are so blessed to have him. I see how Jackson's face lights up when his Da-Da enters the room and it just melts my heart. Joe is such an amazing man. I look forward to all the activities that they will do together in the years to come, skiing, fishing, camping, car fixing (or whatever it is called), all that boy stuff. I thank God every day for my husband and my son's Father. Honey-I might not always say it, but I appreciate everything you do for our family!


PS-Just to prove how much Jackson thinks the world of his Daddy---as I type this he is jumping in his jumpy-jump saying "Da-Da" over and over as Joe walks around the house. Oh-and he smiles that big smile every time Joe looks at him!

3 comments:

AuntieKat said...

Aww. You say the nicest things! And what an adorable picture. Is it me, or is Jack going to be getting some upper teeth soon? When I made this picture big, it looks like he's got quite the hard-ridged upper gum line, like it's preparing for those baby teeth! So exciting! I am home today, may try to give you a call. Did Joe get my pretty cicada picture? :-)

thegrinhams said...

Happy 1st Fathers Day Joe! Hope you had a wonderful and very special day. Sounds like Jackson is his Dad's number one fan! Matthew actually reminded me today that I had forgotten US Fathers Day. Fathers Day over here is celebrated in September, so since he has an American son, Matthew thinks he should be able to celebrate both the US and the Australian Fathers Days. As luck would have it, the US and Australia celebrate Mothers Day on the same day....so guess who gets ripped off!!! We have now decided that every US Fathers Day, Matthew and Peyton can spend the day together and do something special.
Freda xo

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Looks great! I'm glad the email was easy to understand!

-Katie