Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Promotion Ceremony

It is official. Joe's promotion ceremony took place yesterday. It was an extra special ceremony because his son and his Mom were able to attend. Deborah and I were able to change his shoulder boards to signify his new title. There was a great turnout from the H60 shop also. I guess they all heard that we were bringing fresh baked goodies! The banana bread and zucchini bread was gone in a flash. And Jackson did great walking around and socializing with the guys. I am so proud of Joe and what he has accomplished in his 15 years of Coast Guard service. We don't know what the Coast Guard has planned for us in the future or what path it will lead us down, but I know that Joe will do just as good of a job at it as he has done for the past 15 years. Congratulations Commander Daddy!

Here are a few pictures we took. Hopefully some of the professional ones came out better. I really wasn't as bored as I looked. I was listening intently to what the Captain was saying.

Reading the letter from the President

Congratulations!

Changing out the shoulder boards!

I would love to read some of these fascinating manuals!

So that is how it works? Daddy is teaching me early!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Joe and his family. This is a very big accomplishment, I'm sure you're all very proud. We've enjoyed reading your blog and keeping up with you guys, everyone looks great.

Keep in touch.

The Hollingsworth Family

Laurie said...

Congrats, Joe! And yes, Jen, you do look bored in that first picture. Too funny.

AuntieKat said...

Congrats Commander Joe! I am so proud of you!!! I wish I could have been there too, although I am glad mom was there, I bet she was more excited than anyone! (but Jackson DID look pretty excited by those fascinating manuals!) LOL. Great pictures!