Thursday, September 18, 2008

Home again, Home again....

Phew... That about sums it all up. The past 48 hours have been tiring but we survived! Jackson was a great little traveler yesterday. Poor thing was on the "road" for over 10 hours. Can you imagine how he must have felt? Not really knowing where we were going or how much longer we would be on the go? Our flights were on time and I even got to take his car seat on both flights. Thank goodness! That helped out so much. Jackson slept for about 30 minutes on the first flight and an hour on the second flight. We were going non-stop in Dallas since they changed our departure gate two times. Not only just the gate--but the terminal. If any of you have flown to DFW you know that the terminals are very far apart. They have a train that goes between the terminals though. So we got to ride it....a few times. Of course Jackson wanted to stand up and not be held so we were both wobbling and trying to keep our balance. He seemed to enjoy it. I am so grateful to all the people who helped me lug my bag and car seat and child on and off the flights.

We took it easy today to try to get back into the swing of things. Jackson had a hard time getting to sleep last night. In fact, the first time I put him down he screamed bloody murder for about 5 minutes before I went in to check on him. When I went in he was standing in his crib with his feet on his crib bumper, trying to climb out. While we were gone he perfected his pulling up and climbing skills. And we hadn't lowered the crib all the way yet. So, at 9:30 last night I had to lower his crib. Or else I would have worried all night about him climbing/falling out of the crib. I finally got it lowered and everything back together in time for him to fall asleep at 10. Way too late!

I have more picture to post, but need to get them from my mom. For now, I am off to bed. I am exhausted from a long 2 weeks. Joe gets home tomorrow night too! Hooray!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I'm glad you survived!

Grammy said...

Just think how much easier it would have been to fly home without Jackson. We offered numerous times to keep him and bring him home with us when we come for his 1st birthday. He would have been here only 13 more days and he was just learning to like this place. Who is helping Grampy get the mail and check on all of the "ticky" (Jackson does not pronounce the s in from of words yet)bushes/trees in our yard. Can't wait to see him again! It was a joy to have both him and his mommy stay with us for 2 weeks (although Jen & I did not get to shop as much and as long as we used to do in Houston).

AuntieKat said...

Welcome Home! It's so very nice to go away, but after it's all through, there's nothing like your very own bed, is there? I wonder if Jackson feels that way? LOL. He probably thinks, hey, whoever gives me snuggles and food, I'm happy, no matter where I am! I can't believe he is going to be ONE! I wish I could be there. I will, too, if I come into some extra cash, so I can leave my job behind! :-) Miss you guys so much! Glad you had fun in the Wild West!