Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Seriously? Again? A flesh eating disease and $1.80

You guessed it. Jackson is sick again. Poor little guy looks like Rudolph his nose is so red. It is running non stop too. Joe is just getting over a cold too. It is like sick ward around here. At least Jackson's immune system is getting built up by all these colds. Let's hope it doesn't turn into the Croup this time.

So this morning Jackson woke up around 5:15 (big surprise!) and talked/fussed off and on. He fell back asleep around 6 until 6:30. He was in a great mood when I got him up. Which is surprising considering what I found when I started to change his diaper! I unzipped his sleeper and found what looked like scaly skin peeling all over him. Of course I freaked out and stared yelling for Daddy! Joe came up and helped me "investigate" the carnage. Well, it wasn't a flesh eating disease after all. I know--I am a clueless first time mom! His diaper was so full that the top split and all the pee-filled crystals exploded out all over him. I mean all over-up to his chin! Poor thing. So straight to the tub he went. Once again, thank goodness Joe was here to help. And good thing Jackson was in such a good mood! What a way to start the day!

On another happy note....I just paid $1.80 a gallon for gas!! I know!! It was really $1.97 but our grocery store offers money off the gas when you buy certain items and I had $.17 off. Still I can't believe gas is finally under $2.00 a gallon.

Well, sleeping beauty is awake now. So I must go rescue him from his crib. And clean the dried snot off this face again. Ahh, the joys of motherhood! Lucky he is so cute!
Have a good one!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I remember Eric having the same reaction to the diaper crystal things! He thought Jake had some fungus! That was the end of Luvs diapers for us. They were always leaking those crystals! ICK.

Hope the little man is feeling better soon.

AuntieKat said...

Poor little Jack. I hope he is feeling better. Send him a kiss and hug from his FAVORITE AuntieKat! Surely that will be an automatic cure.. if not, the impending visit from crazy mere-mere will fix him right up! -- I can't believe gas for $1.80!! It's about $2.09 OFF CAPE up here. On cape..a whole other story... it's 10-15 cents more. you know..cuz we're ALL sooooo rich! (ya, right!)

Joe and Jen said...

All the more reason to move down here Auntie Kat!! Gas is cheaper! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Crazy Mere-Mere will get Jack-Jack all warmed up for a family visit. See you soon! Miss you!!

NotinKSAnymore said...

Sorry to hear Jack is sick again. I hope he's feeling better soon for his sake and yours!