Monday, March 16, 2009

We're home...well, 2/3 of us are!

Well, we made it home all in one piece! We all had a great week. Jackson has become quite the little traveler and did really well for both long days of traveling. Despite one small (make that VERY LARGE) puking incident at bedtime the night we arrived, he did fantastic. As many of you all know, it is nearly impossible for a 17 month old to sit in one place and be still for more than 5 minutes at a time. Jackson somehow managed to do it for 4 looonnng flights. And you all know that he is not a "sitter". And, unfortunately, he takes after his daddy and is not a sleeper on a plane either. I was so proud of him. He got many compliments from the other people on the plane. And I think he said, "HI!" to all of them in return. So cute! That is his latest thing to do. He says Hi to everyone and everything. He had a blast at Grammy and Grampy's house playing with the doors and cats and anything else he could get his hands on. He formed a special bond with Callie (one of the cats) right away when she realized that he would turn the water at the tub on for her. And I have never seen a more tolerant cat than Thunder. Well, maybe Max, the Storches cat is more tolerant. Afterall he does let Megan schlep him all over the place. But that Thunder. Jackson decided right away that he wanted to be friends with Tun-Tun. Thunder acted as a pillow for Jackson many times. And at one point, Thunder was sitting down and Jackson decided he wanted him to move. So he started saying, "Go, go" and pushing on his bottom. It was hysterical! Milo might have some stiff competition for Favorite Cat!

After a short two days in Santa Fe, Joe and I headed to Vegas, Baby! for the week. I had a hard time leaving Jackson, but knew he would be fine. After a few tears were shed (by me not him), we headed off to the airport in a snowstorm! I was so looking forward to some warm weather and sun! And that I got!! While Joe spent his days in conferences, I spent my time doing some shopping, running, and sun bathing. It was so nice and relaxing. We had some really nice dinners out and saw a fabulous show-Le Reve. It was amazing. Joe did win at blackjack, and I quickly lost those winnings at the slots. I should really learn that no one wins easily with the slots. Oh well...I should have played blackjack too. After a great week, we were ready to head back to Santa Fe and see our little guy.

So now we are back home and settling back into our normal life. Well, Jackson and I are home and Joe is gone again to another conference. Those Coasties sure do alot of conferencing! But he should be home on Thursday, and then Grammy and Grampy arrive Saturday night. So the fun continues!!

Here are some pictures from Vegas. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to take any pictures at Grammy and Grampy's house, but I know they took lots. I will post some once I get them.

Daytime Vegas! Not many people on the Strip...sign of the times.

Vegas at night!

Some weird show at The Palazzo. Three women dressed like water statues. Real water shooting out of their fingers.

The opening of The Reve.

Closing. Beautiful colors!

My little dancing man. Video we took when Mere-Mere was here. Such a ham!!


AuntieKat said...

Glad you had a good time (w/the exception of the barfing incident) and are home safe and sound...and Joe, Mr Jet-Set is off again "conferencing" he is oh-so-popular! ha ha.
Thanks for the dance moves Jackson! Uncle Chris is practicing them right now! Watch out! You will have competition (scary!)

Laurie said...

Hilarious video! I almost had a milk-coming-out-of-my-nose incident!

Glad your trip was a success...looking frward t seeing yu soon.