Friday, March 5, 2010

Wow! It has been awhile!

I can't believe I have neglected my little blog for so long. I feel horrible! Things have just been so busy here lately. My parents came for a 10 day visit, and Joe and I took off to house hunt in DC. That was fun! Prior to our trip last week, we were totally overwhelmed by all the places to live in the area. Everyone we talked to gave us great advice and everyone had their own opinion on where to live and why. We figured we just had to get up there and see for ourselves. After looking at lots of houses, we decided that we really liked the Burke/Springfield area. So we are focusing our search there. We found a couple of great options while there house hunting, but we are still on the prowl for the "perfect" house. We will keep you posted.

I have been really bad about taking pictures lately. Not sure why. I will have to get some from my parents when they get all settled. So I will leave you with a few conversations that Jackson and I have had lately. He is such a joy! He talks non-stop about anything and everything!! It is so cute to hear the things he comes up with. I will try to be better about posting and taking pictures.


Jackson was enjoying a green popsicle after dinner one night.
Mommy: Does it taste like Lime?
Jackson: No, It tastes like cold stuff!

On the way home from the Y one morning.
Jackson: Mommy, my tummy hurts!
Mommy: Oh no sweetie? Why?
Jackson: Because you are driving!

Our conversation the morning we went to the airport to get Grammy and Grampy.
Jackson: We are going to go to the airport to get Grammy and Grampy and bring them home to see Milo and Tanga!!
Mommy: Do you know who they REALLY want to see?
Jackson: My ROCKET BOOKS!!!! (with sheer excitement!)

He totally cracks us up everyday. We love sharing our little guy with you all!

Oh-here are a few pictures from the last week.

Helping Daddy blow out the candles!

Mmmmmm, Apple pie!!

Yummy!

Being silly with Grammy and Grampy!

1 comments:

AuntieKat said...

So glad you blogged. I have been going throug withdrawls! The conversations w/Jackson cracked me up. What a little character he is. Pictures are great too. That birthday apple pie looked delicious. mmm mmm yum!