Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Birthday Wrap-up

I just realized that I never posted any pictures from Joe's birthday. We had a small family celebration for him on his birthday. Jackson helped me decorate the house and make a cake. It was so fun to listen to him "ask" Dadddy what kind of cake and icing he wanted. I say "ask" because Jackson basically told Joe what kind of cake he wanted. SO it really turned out to be Joe's birthday with Jackson's cake! It was so funny. The Saturday before Joe's big birthday, we had a surprise dinner for him. He had no idea! I am so shocked that I pulled it off, especially with Jackson talking about a certain birthday hat all week! I could never be a party planner. Thanks to Kimberly for helping me pull off the surprise and for taking pictures ( and taking charge...). Happy Birthday Joe!

Mixing the cake...

Jackson's favorite part...licking the spatula. Oh after licking the beaters too.

In the oven it goes...

Watching it cook...I must have heard, "Is it ready yet?" a million times.

Decorating time!

Certainly won't win any cake decorating awards!

Candle time!

These two...impossible to smile at the same time!

Blowing them out...then the re-lit! Lots of smoke!

Time to eat! FINALLY!!

Ummmm, CAKE!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, I still owe you pictures! Sorry! Don't let me forget!

AuntieKat said...

Love the pictures. Looks like it was a great birthday celebration, and the cake & decorations were beautiful! Don't you dare think differently! :-)