Saturday, August 27, 2011

California Dreamin'-Day 1

A few weeks ago, we took a family vacation/work trip to California! Joe had a conference in San Diego, so Jackson and I decided to take the opportunity and tag along with him. My parents were also able to join us for a week. We met in San Diego and spent a few days there doing lots of fun things. Then we headed up to LA for a long weekend to visit my brother and sister-in-law, Michael and Paige. Grammy and Grampy headed home from LA and Joe, Jackson, and I went back to San Diego for Joe's conference. We stayed at an awesome hotel downtown on the water. Jackson and I had fun exploring during the day and enjoying the pool in the lovely San Diego weather. We took a TON of pictures....shocker! So I think I will break the trip up into a few posts. This past week has been pretty exciting too. We experienced our first VA earthquake, and many strong aftershocks, and are feeling the effects of Hurricane Irene right now as I type. Nothing too bad so far... Hope you all are safe and dry too!

We arrived in CA at 10:30 in the morning, so we had almost all day to start the fun! It took quite awhile to get our rental car, so we ended up getting some lunch, resting a bit in the hotel room, and then heading to Old Town to walk around and get some dinner. It was a long day...so we tried to get to bed early! Ha!!

Being silly while waiting in the line for security

I get alot of poses like this these days...

Air safety is a serious matter!

Watching movies with his pal!

We made it!!

A boy and his Grampy!

The three men!

Cutie!

Nice hats!

Jackson was not pleased with the dinner entertainment. At this point in the day, there was not much that pleased him....

0 comments: